I've just given birth and I feel and look like a total fatty :( moms is there any hope of ever losing this weight? Can any of you moms out there share with me your pre and post pregnancy pictures to give me some hope? #fatcow #lostallhope #thin-spiration

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello. I will be very frank and share w u what I know and experienced. I gave birth recently - 4months ago, and I feel exactly like u or maybe even more. I gained 25+kg over the whole pregnancy, my baby is normal size and the last few wks Doctor still ask me to eat more as baby not gaining weight enough - I had additional 2 eggs a day. Note that I not the kind who eat more, I eat the same during pregnancy as before, it might have been due to medicines I took I was athletic and model figure before pregnant - so my mirror reflection is a major disturbance to me, and I was seriously overweight (unhealthy fat percentage abt 45%) with water retention too. My best friend who was pregnant and gained a lot like me and gave birth at the same time as me - lost that weight within 2 months frm birth through breast feeding and I was still big. I am very blessed to have the financial means to go to Marie France which has helped me lost 9kg in 2 months. One thing I regretted is all the big rice portion during confinement - so avoid that! Ur body has enough store to make the fat in the milk it needs, especially if u gained quite a bit. There are: - exercise bootcamps - some are under "Herbalife" or other drinks stuff, some are just exercise bootcamp (I am going to a exercise only - u can contact me) - price range abt $15-35/session - swimming is ur best bet now - uses more(almost twice) energy for the same time of workout as compared to running - of Caz those replacement meal, "nice" "healthy" drink like Herbalife and nuskin etc - I personally don't like, but it's up to u It's really a in and out balance maths thing. Breastfeeding may help u slim down but u gota resist the urge to eat more as it makes some pple hungry. U can observe how it works for ur body. Once u are cleared for exercise, go for it. Jog w ur husband. Push stroller for morning walk or after dinner walk. Some people find signing up for a run will motivate them more

Read more
VIP Member

hi mummy. dont be too hard on yourself. first thing first, embrace what god has given u... a child... and also a strong body which bare a child... so be it if u gain weight... trust me u can loose weight with alot of determination and discipline... lemme share with you my journey... when i got pregnant with my 1st, i was from 47 to 79. 2nd child 47 to 80. and 3rd child 50 to 75. do the math... but here is my struggles ... with my 1st... it took me 1.5 yrs to loose all back and back in shape like how i use to. my 2nd took me 4mnths to shed all with the help of waist trainer, and daily/ nightly workout without fail.. 2hrs circuit training. and now my third.. im left with probably 4kg to just tone up to my ideal weight which is 52kg. what im trying to prove is... it doesnt matter if ure fat now... but if ure happy with your body then be it... down be so low to a point where u have to call urself fatcow. but if u think ure depress with ur current weight. . then the only way tlis for you to change your lifestyle... if u dont make the move 1st... then u will never make it.... heres how i look like now with 3 kids... but i feel like i still have work to do ... get a fren or your partner... to do it together... it will help to shed fast with motivation.... tried and proven... all the best mummy... be proud now🙂

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

Hey mummy, don't feel bad - you literally created life! The first step is to love your body, be motivated to be a better you :) I took 11 months after giving birth to be comfortable with looking at myself in the mirror (left photo). The right photo was taken in Oct 2018 (2 years postpartum), one month after I started working out :) There are many ways to lose weight, but I'd recommend healthy eating and exercise - "supplements" may work in the short run, but there's no real proof that it wouldn't backfire in the future. Eat healthily - no processed/prepackaged food, minimal seasoning, no caffeine etc. Do it with a 80-20 rule - be strict on your diet 80% of the time, and give yourself some "small treats" 20% of the time! Exercise within your means. If you are a SAHM, work out at home and do active play with your child! If you are a working mum, do more walking instead of public transport. Exercises that make you perspire tend to be more fat burning, you can do squats - it's a lot tiring than you think! Set your goals straight. Don't focus on the weighing scale or how your body looks, aim to become a healthier you - you'll feel better from inside out and the others will fall into place after :)

Read more
Post reply image

I'm mummy of 2 kids and l used to be fatty after gave birth. l managed to slimmed down with my own diet programme but my leg, and my bottom part still looking big. Currently l am using a Germany brand slimming gel which give 2x effect and l able to own a pair of skinny leg again! Also, this gel also help repair rough skin, reduce stretch mark and improve cellulite. Please whatapps me @ 96403902 if you want me to send you my own before & after photos. Result can be seem less than 1 month.

Read more

Don't be despair. Breastfeed your baby and eat normally as ypur baby requires all the nutrients. Wear girdle at all times to control. Losing weight is important but losing FATS is more important. Weight could be due to water retention but FATS t usually the ones that will stay long. I do know of a product which is suitable for breastfeeding and it's basically real food. Tasted superb too. Interested? Pls contact me at 969 969 65

Read more

Don’t be silly It takes time to get back I put on 28 kg during pregnancy BF will lose some but honestly in my opinion not that much as u still need to have Intake of food to have quality milk I breastfeed for 24 months and lost maybe 12 kg Took another year to lose the rest But don’t fret don’t worry We can always do small stuff ourselves Like simple squats, walking around Taking walks in Parks etc

Read more

As I shared in another chat, I gained 18kg from pregnancy. It is all right to feel down after you deliver but hang in there! I lost all 18kg onli after 1 and a half years. I didn't bf didn't diet, didn't exercise. I was doing what a mom does so I lost my weight because I was so exhausted taking care of my dau 24/7! So dun worry so much the weight will go off by itself if you just do what a mom should do!

Read more

I felt that way too especially when my ML is coming to an end. I managed to shed off all 15kgs gained before I returned to work. I guess beside BF, daily walking of 20mins help me in slimming down and also to control snack intake during BF. Give yourself at least 3 months to see some weight loss? I only started losing weight after 3 months.

Read more

There is an old saying "those who mind don't matters. Those who don't mind matters". Personally I think keeping at a good BMI is for the sake of our health. I did slim down toward the end of my confinement. Breastfeeding, doing housework and eating healthily with reduced carbo does help. Jia you!