Drinking cold water

I've been told by many that I shouldn't be drinking cold water as it is bad but I dont understand. In what way(s) is it bad for me and my baby? I've always loved drinking cold water esp in hot humid weather.

63 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually can eat/drink everything . But the facts say why cant ? Cause to avoid baby got jaundice or skin baby become yellow . And also for mummy must take care of food&beverage to avoid diabetes, low hb and so on . Last , the truth is why cant drink cold water/ice to avoid baby become so big than what Dr observerd cause scared later while delivery the private part become large and got to much stitch 📌 , also will ceaser/operation while delivered . #sorry if not understand #my english not so good #malay #nice to chat/shared with youall in asianparent 😊

Read more

Whether your drinks are cold or hot, they all get warmed up to body temperature by the time they get to your stomach. So have all the cold drinks that you want. And if the child ends up getting asthma, it has absolutely nothing to do with that cold drink that you had during pregnancy. It's just genetic and environmental cause.

Read more

it's ok to drink cold water but don't make it oftenly. It may cause your tummy to get bump up while your baby will become smaller when you give birth. That's the reason why some of elderly saying it's not ok because you will end up getting difficult to give birth. I hope it make sense to you guys. 😉 Godbless you all and Happy Holiday. 🤰

Read more
VIP Member

I ate ice cubes everyday throughout my pregnancy. It's very cold, and my baby are doing just fine. Every pregnancy is different! Some people tend to have a very strong womb, they can eat and drink literally everything and nothing happen but some people needs extra care, caution for their baby. Nevertheless, ask your doctor :)

Read more

Chinese often say that cold water / ice cream causes stomach cramps & make our womb cold. My elderly grandma will tell me things like 'it will make your baby cold' 'fall sick easily'. It also causes some women have stomach cramp when they are having their period. I usually try to avoid cold stuff & I don't have that problem.

Read more
5y ago

I drank cold water throughout my pregnancy and my 16months old daughter has never had a cold. Its only a myth. Read my comment up on how it works

My mum nagged at me for drinking cold drinks when I was pregnant but I continued to 😂 she said it’ll cause the baby to have more phlegm 🧐 anyway it’s just old wives tales.... up to you to believe or not, some people play safe. My baby turned out fine. Of course, everything must be taken in moderation!

Read more
Super Mum

Old wife's tales, old people make up all sorts of restrictions but nowadays doctors never agree to any of those. My mother also didn't allow me but I drank anyway. No issue with myself / baby whatsoever!

Almost every drink of mine is cold to some extent :p the weather is so hot and I need to cool my body! I do think it's more important to take in more fluid than being affected by the temperature of the fluid itself..

Boleh je sis.. dlu pon ada jgk ckp ngn sy baby xbesar ngn elok klau minum ais.. tp sy tny doktor dan nurse dorg ckp boleh.. tambahan pula skarang ni cuaca panas..sy sejak mengandung ni mmg kerap minum plain water(cold)..

5y ago

Lega baca coment ni..

VIP Member

Will leak to asthma or coughing when ur baby born. This is what my in law and mum keep remind me one. I trying to control not to take cold stuff. Even fruits. Put eveyy thing at room temperature before consume.