Is it true better not to drink ice water?

Hi mummies. I'm at 27w now. All along through out my pregnancy i have been drinking cold and ice water. Is it true that by right i shouldn't? Aunties have been stopping me from doing so.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1st trimester I avoided also but 2nd trimester onwards I everyday drink cold water lol. I personally don't drink a lot of water before pregnancy and ice or cold water is the only way you'll get me to drink any. Also weather so hot and body temperature increase with the pregnancy. Drinking cold water helps to cool down. There's no scientific evidence that says cannot so can just ignore them.

Read more
TapFluencer

i hv been drinking cold plain water for my entire pregnancy (9mths) of cos avoid sweet one, cold plain water is fine. my mother, auntie, mother in law all keep say but i ignore cos my gynae nv say cannot. and my baby turns out ok, no issue :) so dont worry dont believe those old wives tale. enjoy urself enjoy the pregnancy

Read more

No scientific basis whatsoever behind the old wives tale of avoiding cold water. I’ve been drinking only cold water and cold milk - pregnancy by default raises our body temperature, no need to torture ourselves with hot/warm water on top of that. No need to listen to unreasonable restrictions lol

Aunties and TCM docs will prolly say don’t drink cold things. But no scientific evidence so gynae will not stop you from it especially if it is the only thing that helps you to gain some nutrients esp. first trimester when you can hardly keep anything down

I always sneakily drink cold water... cause I know there's no scientific basis.. but older people won't believe the things you say about not being scientific proven. so don't waste time explaining, I drink when no one is around. hehehehe

Hello mummy. My gynae said ok to take cold water, just reduce sweet drinks intake. But aunties around me been stopping me as well 😅 well you know aunties have a lot of restrictions one 😅

No such thing… cold water is ok to drink. I’ve been drinking cold water ice water. It’s just old wives tale.

I’ve been drinking almost everyday cos weather is too hot!!! It’s okay 😊

I had cold water most of the time during 2nd pregnancy, baby is healthy

VIP Member

should not be a problem