im worry to leave my 5 mo Infant with helper

Hi, ive been melted down so many times, as i had my 2nd try helper and she still cant be trusted. Im still at home for my maternity, but will be back to work soon in 1 month time. I found many many times my helper lied , not clean, did something i said no to my baby, etc. Everytime she did it.. i will talked to her what i dont like abt it. Then she understood. But she will repeat it with some innocent face. This is my 2nd helper in 4 months. And im sick of the thought have to change and go through the same again with my new helper if i decide to change to another one. I did consider infant care. But i dont know much about it. Please helpp meee any advice will be super helpful!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Try infant care bah.. There are teachers around to take care baby. They will feed, change, play and even read books with babies. Teacher will feed back to you about your baby at school. Or you can ask the teachers. I believe infant care has CCTV. I feel that childcare or infant care is an organisation, they won't purposely do something wrong on babies. On top of that, you baby could interact with teachers and babies. This could build their social skill. Just you need to pick baby up before school before 7pm and back to home to your house work and laundry...

Read more

U won’t feel ease when u r back to work. Even u get new helper, u need time to train her again. U only left 1 month back to work. Unless there’s relative at home to guide her while u r at work. If not consider infant care or nanny. Alot of ppl put their baby at nanny home while they r at work.

5y ago

Hi there, do you have any recommended nanny by any chance?

Hi, I would suggest please hire a more experienced and mature helper to take care of your baby. be very clear about your expectations while you interview them and it will help if you can have a family member at home with the helper for a while. This will help in training the helper as well

Hey mama, you’ve got to take good care of yourself and not be too hard on yourself. I find that it helps whenever I care lesser. As long as my child is safe, not being abused or the sort, I try not to think abt whatever he is doing while I’m at work,

TapFluencer

Were your helpers quite young and inexperienced? You need to find a very mature helper who has had experience in taking care of new born. You need to be very very strict with your interview and state clearly what you want and expect from your agency.

VIP Member

Change your helper now while you are still at home on maternity leave. Find someone who is more experienced with childcaring duties. Alternatively, infant care may be an option if you are able to find one with vacancies.

VIP Member

Since u dun feel comfortable with helper, best to look out for infant care ard ur house then make a trip down to see see look look and understand the infang centre.

VIP Member

Hi... you can consider nanny care too. Please read this article for more information https://sg.theasianparent.com/infant-care-or-nanny

Lot helper with no experience. Mayb can get some relative to help. Otherwise infant care will be. A better choice