1st trimester morning sickness

I've been having bouts of nausea, giddiness and hunger pangs concurrently throughout the day but have never vomited (although attempted a few times). I feel that my body is very confused and nothing I do seem to help- I tried ginger, snacking, even prescription drugs like dicletin. It feels so sucky that I feel like giving up 😭 can anybody help? 😭😭#1stimemom #pregnancy #pleasehelp #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s the worse, isn’t it? I’m at 13 weeks. food aversions and nausea is still weighing me down. I had to stick my finger in my mouth to puke so I’d feel better. My first 7-10 weeks were the worse. I cried so many times and thought abt giving up. I’ve done so much research on morning sickness that it becomes repetitive with no solution. I took every drug I could find to help. Still did no miracle. I even bought SeaBands and apparently I can feel a slight difference. But I don’t know if this is just a placebo effect but whatever, as long as it helps, even a little. I’ve had a few occasions where I’d get cold sweat and fainting spells. I don’t even know what to make out of it. I completely understand what you’re going through as I’m going through it now. I’m sorry but there’s literally no cure but to wait it out. Everyone tells me it will get better. But when right? It’s sucha mental torture. Aside feeling like my body is breaking down, I’m depressive. I’m sorry I can’t be much of a help. Try the sea bands if that works for you. But just letting you know, you’re not alone.

Read more

Hi. Ive went through that too. It was realllllly realllly horrible i hated myself, and everything else. Nothing helps. It was my second pregnancy and my first was a breeze. So i did not expect it could be that bad. I had allllll the possible morning sickness there could be in this whole world. I rmmbred jz lying on the bed and not doing anything for awhile cz i was sick if everything. But luckily i fought it bcz i wanna feel better, for my family (toddler and husband). So i jz go with the flow. If i feel nausea and feel like vomit it out will make me feel better, ill try to vomit out. Jz following what my body wants evenif i dod noe what my body wants. Trial and error. What helps abit is eating cold fruits like cold apple, cold honeydew etc. Cz the rest whatever i ate ill vomit out. But alllll these sufferings will be all worth it when you see your baby. Hang in there 💪🏻💪🏻🤗

Read more
3y ago

Yeap, it is, mentally torturing bcz we jz do not noe howta deal with our body, plus the raging hormones that i jz cry all the time. whatever i ate, ill vomit. like a merlion. the nausea was killing me too cz itll be thr 24/7 no joke. i didnt noe that could be possible. i thought i could find a relief but nooo. i hated all smells even the nice ones so i was realllly confused and helpless. i went through this s*** till almost end 2nd trim. but believe me, you will somehow, GET THROUGH THIS. your body wont tell you how, but it will work on its own. so jz go with the flow ok. youre so much stronger than you think. hug hug ❤️

Just wanna say, I totally get how u feel. It felt really bleak for me and on many days, I don’t even care what happen anymore. I was put on progesterone pills but I realised it’s making me feel worse mentally so I tried being off it for a day and I noticed the diff. Ginger, snacking did not work for me too. Nothing works. Just want to let you know you’re not alone. Seek professional help if you need to. Talk to your gynae or a therapist/psychologist. Last rmb, KKH has therapists. In the meantime, keep hydrated no matter how much you don’t feel like drinking. Get non carbonated h2o if u prefer flavoured. Eat whatever you can stomach down. It can change daily.

Read more
3y ago

I was on progesterone pills too. I had no bleeding nor a miscarriage before so I am not sure why my doc put me on it for 5 weeks. It was making me crazy, I decided to stop taking it on my 10th week. Felt much better. But it didn’t stop the morningsickness, it just made me less hormonal. But I’d advise you not to stop if you have bleeding etc, how long are you on it for?

Sometimes vomiting helps. For me, once I drink water after a meal, I will vomit and will feel better. When you are hungry, can try eating fruits. I have been experiencing this nausea, giddiness and discomfort every now and then. Just try to rest and apply a bit of oil on my stomach, head and neck area. I do feel a bit better. Hang in there! 🙆🏻‍♀️🙆🏻‍♀️

Read more

Sounds like what I went through. Trick is to faster eat something to curb the hunger pangs because when you're hungry, the nausea and giddiness worsens. It gets better as the weeks go! Jiayou!