1st trimester morning sickness

I've been having bouts of nausea, giddiness and hunger pangs concurrently throughout the day but have never vomited (although attempted a few times). I feel that my body is very confused and nothing I do seem to help- I tried ginger, snacking, even prescription drugs like dicletin. It feels so sucky that I feel like giving up 😭 can anybody help? 😭😭#1stimemom #pregnancy #pleasehelp #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just wanna say, I totally get how u feel. It felt really bleak for me and on many days, I don’t even care what happen anymore. I was put on progesterone pills but I realised it’s making me feel worse mentally so I tried being off it for a day and I noticed the diff. Ginger, snacking did not work for me too. Nothing works. Just want to let you know you’re not alone. Seek professional help if you need to. Talk to your gynae or a therapist/psychologist. Last rmb, KKH has therapists. In the meantime, keep hydrated no matter how much you don’t feel like drinking. Get non carbonated h2o if u prefer flavoured. Eat whatever you can stomach down. It can change daily.

Read more
3y ago

I was on progesterone pills too. I had no bleeding nor a miscarriage before so I am not sure why my doc put me on it for 5 weeks. It was making me crazy, I decided to stop taking it on my 10th week. Felt much better. But it didn’t stop the morningsickness, it just made me less hormonal. But I’d advise you not to stop if you have bleeding etc, how long are you on it for?