Day 2 and no breast milk

I’ve been formula feeding so far. But When will the breast milk come and how do I make it happen?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to hand express n use a syringe to collect the bm and feed your baby. You Def will have some coming out. And try latch as much as you can. Using pumps doesn’t help me at all so I’m hand expressing everytime. I’m also still mix feeding. Baby is 13 days old. Hand express every 3 hours. Now the minimum I’ll get is at least 30ml. Good days I’ll get 70ml per time. Jiayou mummy!!

Read more

I experienced the same when have my first child. I almost want to give up breastfeeding. Experience telling me, drink more water and sleep more. deep sleep 2 hours is considered good already. don't don't stress yourself. coz too stressful cannot sleep well. if milk come/engorge pump it and let baby suck it. Now i have my 2nd child (3 months old) , milk flow is good.

Read more

It’s crazy how no one tell you this at breastfeeding talks! Your breastmilk will only come a few days later (left breast on day 4 and right breast on day 5... even then not enough and I topped up!) BUT you still must let baby latch to suck out the colostrum. Top up with formula after letting baby latch for 10-15 mins on each breast.

Read more
VIP Member

I tried drinking susu kurma(milk with dates) you can get the magnolia. Eat lots of veggie and i take fenugeek as supplement. Before breast feeding or pumping try massaging ur breast. Mine borh breast can only express total 30 ml during day 3 and 4. On day 5, it goes up to 60 to 70ml

Super Mum

Keep latching and pumping. I think by the end of day 3, it should start coming nicely?:) but of course, the amount won’t be massive, because baby’s stomach is so small. The volume will increase over time as baby grows:)

You start to pump even when there is no milk. This is to stimulate your breast to "let them know" that the baby needs milk

VIP Member

Usually day 4 onwards. You may try to hand express or pump as frequent as possible (to avoid milk duct)

Continue breastfeeding as your milk has not come in yet. It won’t come in until day 3 or 4.

TapFluencer

Just keep trying getting your baby to latch. Your colostrum will soon give way to breast milk

Hey, Just keep latching the baby. It helps in training body for the milk supply accordingly