Hubby’s duty

I’ve been crying almost every week ever since the arrival of my baby because I feel my hubby is not understanding. He kept saying (once a week at least) that I do nothing whole day other than feeding the baby while he has to do all the household chores and he is tired. I felt so hurt when he made that kind of comment. He is now wfh while I’m on my maternity leave. I took care of the feeding (breastfeeding) and coaxing my baby (hard to put her to sleep/nap) as well as night duty and my hubby will do household chores (laundry and vacuum floor) and carry baby when I need to bath. I asked him to help bathe baby but He thinks that I should bathe baby since he is working and I’m on maternity leave. Is it too much to ask hubby to bathe baby since he is already not involved in feeding, diaper change, night duty, coax baby when cry? I feel so helpless now.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel u . In my case , I asked help from my parents . This way , my husband won't be feeling too overwhelmed with housechores . Sit down and talk to your husband . Let it all out . Open up the conversation .