Glucose Test fail marginally

Itook my glucose test yesterday (KKH Private) and failed the 60 and 120 mins test by 0.9 mmol/l (ref range is 8.4, mine was 9.3). I am certain doctor will be pushing the idea of c-sect (am 24 weeks now) and will use my baby's size (currently weighing 690g which is the 90th percentile) as an excuse. I just need to know how to be firm on my decision for pro-natural and how do I get that message across clearly! Thank you in advance!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi. Failing Gd test does not mean that you will Definitely go for csec. I did not fail marginally and I also end up delivering naturally . What you can do now is to control your diet, ur sugar (eg: sweet stuffs , carbs, sauces etc). I think you should listen to your gynae for advice on why the recommended delivery method is better for uou. Having a big baby is hard to deliver vaginally, and also there could be risk of shoulder dystocia (push halfway and head out and shoulder stuck). I feel that if you feel strongly about delivering naturally, you can start controlling diet and slow down the baby weight . Btw, big baby is not just about delivering issue, having Gd also could have health complication for babies if not controlled properly. Good luck! Take care

Read more

Dont worry, my ref range 120mins is 10.0 and doc suggest to do the prick test every 2 days per week to check my glucose level...all are fine and doc also gave me lower dosage of diabetes medicine (metformin) to lower down my glucose level..now im 35 weeks and my baby is 2.9kg..when i was in 33 weeks baby is 2.6kg and doc told me that baby is quite.. dont worry too much ya, everything will be fine and just take care of ur diet plan meal ok..just take a 20mins walk ard the house after ever meal to level ur glucose and doc didnt told me that i need to csect unless its an emergency case..hope all is fine for u and enjoy every moment on ur pregnancy moments 😉

Read more

trust me when i tell u this....i had gestinal diabetes with my daughter, she weight 3.2kg at birth i had very bad tear cause baby head very difficult to come out so doc had to cut...i could not sit properly n was bleeding for 2 days and the pain was really bad.. If i had known earlier i would hv opted for c sec. So please listen to doc advice if baby is big go for c sect

Read more

Dont worry so much. I failed my glucose test and is hitting the roof kind. Going for csect is not a must based on my gynae and endocrine doc. Unless baby is super big and if on insulin they they feel its better for csec. My baby weigh around your baby's size on the same wk.. my last scan at wk 32, gynae say baby is still on bigger side (1.8kg) 🤦🏼‍♀️

Read more
3y ago

Yup. Having my 35 wks check nxt sat! My GD test reading was 12.2 for 1h and 11.7 for 2nd hour hahaha. But i am not on med so far since wk 20. My endocrine doctor feels my reading is quite ok and the mthly avg she does for me is also within range 😁

You can inform them that you wish to go for natural birth as far as practicable. If that is your decision, you can tell them that c sect is only for a last resort case for yourself.

at week 26 I failed my 60min oogt by 1mmol, gynea retake at week 32, all was well. bb weight is 3kg at week 37. still on track to give birth naturally

3y ago

this is so comforting to know! thank youuuu