100 Replies

I’ve found this list (http://healthandmindcare.com/top-10-miscarriage-causing-foods-and-drinks-to-avoid-in-early-pregnancy-1176.html) of top 10 food to avoid during the first trimester and it includes: 1. Pineapple 2. Papaya 3. Sprouted potato (which is also harmful to everyone) 4. Wild apple 5. Peach 6. Centella 7. Sesame seed 8. Aloe vera 9. Animal liver 10. Drumstick tree These food are said to be related to causing bleeding, uterine contractions, cervix dilation and hence could lead to miscarriages. I personally think that moderation is always the key. But there is no harm in avoiding some food if they carry the risk of causing a miscarriage.

When you are pregnant, people around you will start to advice you like they own a Sinsey shop. Dont eat this and that, its not good for baby, dont drink this and that lah. You know what, i ditch everything away, i ate whatever i feel like, i was very happy and cheerful during my pregnancy, i gained weight but i dont mind. My baby is healthy when he was born, and he is as healthy as he can be now, my 16months old baby. And i managed to lose my weight to the weight i was before pregnant.

I refuse to believe all these beliefs. But i do take precautions if i crave for something that is belief to be 'dangerous' to consume during pregnancy. Bcos i believe when u crave for something, it means that ur body is needing that nutrients. I still do eat things like pineapple, but in very little portion. Dont have to think and stress urself so hard. Enjoy your pregnancy journey :)

I had a miscarriage last year and there was really no definite reason given to me by the doctor, it may be the food or it was just not meant to be. i did however eat and drink a lot of pineapple during the early weeks so I think it is true that some food can indeed lead to miscarriage so best to avoid them.

Honestly, I ate everything ! I avoided coffee, tea and alcohol. While certain foods are said to have high risk of contamination, in Singapore, as long as you eat in good restaurants and home cooked food, it should be OK. A general rule is its not the best time to start trying new and exciting food. Stick to what you usually eat.

Avoid deli meats and pate as they have been known to be contaminated with listeria, which can cause miscarriage. Listeria also potentially exists in soft cheeses like brie and feta. Undercooked meat, seafood and poultry could also lead to toxoplasmosis -- a miscarriage inducing infection.

The one thing to absolutely avoid is alcohol. When you drink, alcohol passes from your blood through the placenta and to your baby. Drinking alcohol, especially in the first three months of pregnancy, increases the risk of miscarriage, premature birth and your baby having a low birth weight.

yes avoid young papaya where the skin still have some green colours but its okay to eat if its fully orange colour, pineapple, aloevera, spicy food & others. grapes totally fine during first and second trimester but don't eat it during 3rd trimester.

mdmmy siti hawa Chua@gek marine Chua get 5months pregnant yes baby girl ok

I'm just curious bakit un mga nkatira sa ilalim ,bangketa mga tulay at kung saan sayang gilid Sila wala makain wala vitamins etc. At kahit anu kinakain nila Pero parang wala miscourage at lagi pang buntis I'm very curious

isa rin to sa mga tanung ko hehehehe

yes, because some foods causes contraction which can lead to miscarriage, so be careful of what u eat. some fish to avoid are tuna because they are high in mercury which is bad for preggy mom.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles