Is it true that a metallic taste in your mouth is a sing of pregnancy? Did anyone experience this at the early stage?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes I experienced that all the time it's called Dysgeusia. Pregnancy hormones cause our taste to fluctuate widely and gets better after the second trimester (but not for me). It is recommended to combat the taste in your tongue with sour flavours but I feel that the effects don't last. I tried salty too depending on my mood. Another way you could try brushing your tongue or rinse your mouth with some saline or baking soda solution. If none works for you, then you have to either wait it out or tolerate it. http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/metallic-taste.aspx

Read more

I've never experienced it personally but my colleague who was my pregnant-buddy constantly kept complaining about the taste. What she did she kept to keep a pack of sweets in her bag so that she will pop one in whenever she felt the metallic taste.

Yes.. I’m in my 6th week now & the metallic taste bothers me quite a bit. Munching on some dried cranberries seem to help ease it a bit

I had it before, but it gradually subsided as I'm nearing my second trimester.

Is the high level of iron that gives you that taste in the mouth

Did any one experience vaginal or rectal pain in24week pregnancy

4y ago

Yes, mine started as early as 15 weeks

thanks

yes as early as 2 weeks

Definitely yes!

Yes, its true.