Lavender causes miscarriage?

Is it true that lavender causes miscarriage in early pregnancy?

Lavender causes miscarriage?
31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

All I heard about lavender is that it helps to calm your nerves. Most people avoid using during the first trimester. But for me, I’m an avid essential oil user. Have been using before my pregnancy for myself & my 2 other kids. But in current 1st trimester, I’ve reduced using it mainly due to my sensitivity to smell is too strong, till most of the oils just make me nauseated, except for Tangerine & occasionally peppermint. These 2 us helped me a lot with my morning sickness. If u are new, or have never used EO, I suggest u wait till ur 2nd trimester. Go with common oils like citrus oils (orange, lemon, tangerine etc). Lavender is generally safe but listen to your body as well. If u feel uncomfortable, then don’t use. Also, if you do buy essential oils, do some research on the brand of the EO, where they source the oils from & make sure it is not adulterated. Hope this information helps. 😊

Read more
VIP Member

Mmmhhhh nvr heard of tis lavender being so??? But when I was carrying my hse always at night I pray n my hubby has habit of changing sented candles for mother Mary n 1 of them was lavender but NOTHING HAPPEN IT jst made my mind relex n all was WELL :) even my washing liquid has lavender scent n my shower foam hahahaha so far I WAS ONLI RELEXED Maybe different mummies body system I dun know

Read more

Not true, pero ang mismong mga essential oil companies nagsasabi naman if safe for pregnant ang oils nila (for diffuser or skin contact), if pwede for skin contact loke lavender, make sure lang na di concentrated at diluted na talaga sya para mas safe kayo ni baby

it depend on the ingredients. please read and seek medical advice b4 using . for me, i am using plant therapy and my tcm gave me the green light. it does help in my slp

i bought essential oil and i was stated that its not suitable for pregnants so my hubby kept the air purifier that we bought and the oils

Ive read articles in general essential oils does not affect your pregnancy. But we have different sensitivities so better be careful

I was told by a south african lady na Hindi pwede. I was 8 months pregnant at that time.

ano kaya magandang remedy sa ubo? 10 weeks pregnant po

I avoided essential oil in general during 1st trimester

There is no evidence. However, safe to stay away?