8 Replies

VIP Member

Certainly! Let's set aside an important aspect of this discussion first. A child's choice of toy does not reflect his/her or sexual orientation (if that's your concern). Nor does it reflect that he/she will make poor choices in the future. In fact, one should allow their children to explore their choice and be sure of what they want. There are many benefits of letting your child decide for himself/herself: - This inculcates a sense of confidence - This helps the child become more socially active (interacting with others who share his/her interests) - This also allows your child to express himself/herself better - This allows children to identify what may or may not work for them As parents, it's our responsibility to give children that much freedom. We will only raise socially responsible and expressive kids, if we just let them be!

Why not? There is no conclusive study that toys influence gender orientation if that's what you're worried about. My friend who is a doctor told me that he used to play with his sister's doll as well as his own action figures and pretended that they were all his patients. I played with action figures and trucks when I was younger and was an all-round tomboy until puberty kicked in. I'm the biggest girly-girl you can find now but if someone invites me to a round of soccer, I'd gladly join in.

Definitely! I love cars, legos, robots, paper dolls and barbie as a kid. I guess partly because I have both an elder brother and an elder sister. I played with whatever toys handed down from them. From the perspective of a child, he/she is not aware of any gender stereotypical behaviour expected of him/her.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3300)

That's sweet to hear. Stop worrying and let her play. And if you're worried, you can give her Barbie dolls (or other girly toys) along and let her choose. But don't panic. She'll only be more smarter

Yes why not? Robot is a very unisex activity and many gals I know actually like boyish activities.if it is a boy who loves playing with dolls and makeup I will be more concerned.

Yes absolutely. Kids play with all sorts of toys, girls can play with lego or even building toys.

thanks