Is the Indian myth true that a lunar eclipse effect pregnancy?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

the moon is created for many different purposes like for eg. it has a hand in tide formation, it keeps the earth tilted to its axis, balances out the magnetic field of the earth...and many other things which are yet to be discovered. its also well known that during full moon the hospitals go full with many pregnant women who have gone into labor. not to forget that since we are made of 70% water, the moon may have some effects on us esp on our mental and emotional state of mind...like there are many cases of people who suffer from depression or schizophrenia, during the days before and after a full moon, behave very weirdly and after that for days together they show compassion and love which for normal person is unheard of or expected from such persons. so whether it's a myth or a superstition...I don't know. actually myths and superstition are termed as belief systems. if u grow up to believe in that, u create what is called as self fulfilling prophecy. u know it's eclipse, and u r told not to go out but for some reason u do...and something happens accidentally. but u tie it with the superstition or belief u grew up in. hence u connect that it is the moon who caused it.

Read more
VIP Member

I told my mil, fil and parents too. Even me and hubby sibling also known. The rest I plan to announce after 3months. Congrats!

Scientifically, there has been no evidence to prove that lunar eclipse can be harmful during pregnancy :)

It has scientific explaination and its not a myth