Morning Sickness

Am in my 1st Trimester now, morning sickness is occurring daily. Thankfully I've not vomitted but the feeling is awful. Loads of food is a turn off to me. My appetite is bad. Can't eat much too. Alot of food doesn't attract me. But I'm still trying to eat as much as I can. Headache is often too. I try to drink as much water as possible. What did you do when you had morning sickness? Any natural things to aid instead of medication? I was told by my mum and mil not to take anything sour. So I'm in very much a dilemma when I feel the nausea

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am in the same boat as you! I got so sick and nausea whenever I smell in foodcourt. I know we have to eat healthy, but almost all healthy food turns us off! Try to give in to your cravings (no raws or pineapple) during your first trimester (I hope it will get better on 2nd trim!), you have to eat something (nausea can get worse with empty stomach)... I usually crave for spicy sour and savoury food (burgers! fries! curry! tomyum!). To compensate my unhealthy diet atm, I usually try to drink up at least 2 litres of water and eat 2 servings of fruits. Recently, I have found out have lemon worked magically on my nausea (i dont feel nausea for 5 hours).. but the downside is... lemon can erode your tooth enamel. I normally drink lemon water when my nausea is at the brink.

Read more
3y ago

I wanna eat sour things. But my mil say cannot take sour things. :(