Morning Sickness

Am in my 1st Trimester now, morning sickness is occurring daily. Thankfully I've not vomitted but the feeling is awful. Loads of food is a turn off to me. My appetite is bad. Can't eat much too. Alot of food doesn't attract me. But I'm still trying to eat as much as I can. Headache is often too. I try to drink as much water as possible. What did you do when you had morning sickness? Any natural things to aid instead of medication? I was told by my mum and mil not to take anything sour. So I'm in very much a dilemma when I feel the nausea

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I understand how you feel. I was very turned off by lots of food in my first trimester too. I couldn’t even bear the smell of food. I actually told my gynae about it and she prescribed some medication to me to ease the morning sickness as I was working. In addition, I also wore seasick bands as they kinda work similarly to ease nausea arising from motion sickness. You should find out what foods you can stomach at this point and stick to it. For me, it was just carbs, from biscuits, to noodles, to fries, to potato chips. Somehow, fried food was the only smell I could withstand so I ate them the most, though not every day of course. Hopefully you feel better soon!

Read more