Hi I'm trying to make my 4mths old sttn as i realised she keep drinking milk during wees hours so i try out if she really used to waking up n drink or she's really hungry. Day time she's drinking 130-140ml 6feeds 3hrly last milk will be at 11pm. Today will b my 1st day trying to pat her instead of giving her milk it works however she woke up every hr instead crying when i carried her she kept quiet eyes open throughout. Carried for at least 2hrs? Am i doing the right things

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I tried few days ago too. Juz for tat nite to see if baby is really hungry as he needs night feedings till now 5mths old. I tried to calm him down & make him slp. First 2 times when he made noise, he is able to slp after some soothing. But 3rd time when he cried, no matter how u make him slp he oso cannot. So i fed him. After milk, he slept. So i think he is really hungry. Not all babies can slp thru e nite at first. When they grow up, slowly, they do not need nite feedings anymore. Take things naturally. I believe they wake up for a purpose. Previously was drinking every 3hrs in e middle of e nite, but now, is oni drinking 2 times in e nite. No longer 3hrs. When baby makes noise den i go & feed. He is able to stretch till 4hrs plus den feed.

Read more