Relatives alwys hv smth to say,as if Im the worst Mum!

Im a single mum & a first time mum, I know I have a lot to learn and all. Whenever there is gathering or relatives came over to see my LO. They sure have 101 many things to comment! Etc : my lo is fully bf & doc ever said to bf her on demand. When they were asking how many hours she needs to eat & when i said Im bf her on demand. They eventually say whr got such thing and blame me for anyhow do things my way . The best part is whatever my relatives said my my mum always believe them n never once side me nor believe me! When i do as they say to feed her every 2-3 hrs using bottle,when she vomit out I gave them a look then they blame it on I dress her to lightly and now i let her catch a cold n thats why she vomit. Im totally going insane in every single thing i do as nw my mum nags for everything i do when i nv follow their ways and all! What should i do? Anyone go thru the same situation as me? Im so afraid Ill bcm depression. Idk who else i can talk to except to cry evey night alone. Im sorry but here is the only place i can rant out and ask for advise. Please give me some advice...

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Don't have to get angry or upset over people without proper knowledge yet think they are some smart alec! She's your daughter, your baby! Whatever you're doing it's all for her own good. You may consider telling your mom that it's an advise to feed your baby on demand by a professional doctor. Whatever you do will always be the best for your daughter. Try to assure your mom. Sometimes she may nag cos she may be kanchiong for her grand daughter too. Just keep repeat the same thing back to her will do.

Read more