I'm a new mom and it always seems like I'm forgetting something when we leave the house. Do you have a checklist for packing a diaper bag?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have a list as a general guideline for you 1) For changing Diapers x 3-4 Pcs Nappy cream travel size Tissue paper ( those big packet) Wet wipes Changing mat A set of new clothes in case baby stains I put all these in a pouch so that I don't forget and I only replenish the diapers 2) For feeding I use FM so for me I will calculate the no of bottles I need and fill it with room temp water first Milk powder One hot flask of hot water One water bottle One bib One bowl with a spoon as my baby is ok solids Her solids in thermos flask or for convenience usually I feed her instant oats or cereal when I go out Highchair toy if your baby is the fussy type Snacks like biscuits or bread 3) For sleeping Pacifier for my baby with a clip Blanket 4) miscellaneous depending on where I go A min stroller fan if I am going outdoors Mosquito repellant Stroller toys DVD player sometimes One small towel to wipe sweat or anything The key is to have a fixed diaper bag and put the key things in different small pouches and replenish as and when necessary Hope this helps!

Read more

I always have 2 diaper bags to rotate. Just in case I don't have time to replenish the one I usually use, I can just grab the other bag and go. How I pack my bag (I'm using Jujubu BRB and BFF) Changing pad (comes with the bag) 1 big packet of wet wipes 2-3 small packets of tissues 1 handkerchief 7 diapers and diaper cream (in one pouch) 2 sets of clothes & socks 1 hand sanitizer Travel size body lotion and body wash Nipple cream Ziplock bags for dirty clothes 1 nursing cover (poncho) - great use! Can use as blanket or as a shade Water bottle for mummy and straw cup for baby Once lo starts solid I bring out a small tiger food jar and spoon too. I used to latch on the go. Now LO is bottle fed FBM, so I have to bring these too and it add lots of extra weight! Small Cooler bag 2 Ice packs Milk Hot water bottle Plastic bag to warm milk * I am an over packer.

Read more
VIP Member

For me I will tend to forget something if I pack on the day itself, so you might want to consider packing ahead like the day before. For things like diapers, wipes, extra clothing, burp cloths, bibs, they are always in the bag. Once I used it for the day, I replenish as soon as I’m home or put in a few more pieces. So even if i forget, I will always have extras on hand. I also recommend to get a good bag with enough compartments. It will be good to have a designated space in the bag for different things so you will see it when it is empty so you won’t forget to bring something. A quick list of things I bring in my diaper bag: Diapers, wet wipes, snacks, hot water flask, milk bottle, water bottle, bibs, burp cloths, extra clothing, swaddle, small toys, tissues, hand sanitizer, cooler bag (for breastmilk)

Read more

Nope, but I put my stuff in pouches.. One with the moisturiser and nappy cream etc. One with wet wipes, tissue, diapers, changing mat and plastic bags. One with spare clothes for baby like onesies, jacket, socks, pants and hat. And a spare top for myself (in case baby spit and dirty my clothes) and nursing cover, nursing pads. I also include a muslin towel (scared baby cold when in pram) and some toys to distract baby if she cries or whines (not willing to use gadgets for distractions). FTM too, used to forget bringing things, now i make sure my pouches are replaced with things used and in my bag before leaving my house. However every mom needs diff things so you can amend to your own needs like milk powder, bottles, pacifier etc.

Read more
8y ago

thanks!

VIP Member

Diaper bag: (15mos old LO) 1. 3x Diapers 2. 2 sets extra clothes (top, bottom, socks) 3. 2x Bib / small cloth 4. Baby powder 5. Ruyi oil 6. Sanitizer / spray disinfectant 7. Changing mat 8. Formula Milk powder 9. 4x Empty bottles 10. Water bottle 11. Small toys (to keep my bb entertained while in the train or eating) 12. Stroller / carrier (last time when we can still carry him 😂) 13. Umbrella 14. 1x spare plastic (for soiled clothes) Additional for LO eating solids: 15. Thermos food jar (meal) 16. Snack

Read more

I always make sure I have the necessities in the bag, and will pack the day before. I avoid packing on the day itself as it's usually in a rush, and will tend to forget something. I do have a list in my phone that I refer to when necessary but usually for short trips out, it's pretty simple since most of the necessities are already there. just need to make sure there's enough diapers, swaddle blanket etc and we're good to go. :)

Read more
VIP Member

My baby is only 2.5 months and I normally pack my bag before heading out. These are the things I will bring along with me. 1) 5 diapers 2) changing mat 3) wetwipes 4) hanky 5) extra change of clothes (romper, pants, socks) 6) baby blanket (1 thick and 1 thinner one) 7) 1 toy 8) nursing cover If I am using a stroller the fan and shade is always in the holding basket underneath I am breastfeeding now so my bag will be lighter.

Read more
TapFluencer

nope my wife try to prepare our diaper bag ahead of time, to give her time to remember other things she might forget. 😂 usual stuff in our diaper bag diapers 2-3 change of cloth alcohol wipes bib nursing cover a toy umbrella folding fan shopping bag powerbank and charging cables

Read more

I always used to keep a bag with all the necessities ready - diaper, wet tissue, 2-3 sets of clothing, towels, powder, bibs, toys, sanitizer, changing bag, cooler bags, spare pastic bags used to pack only the food on the same day - milk bottle, powder, hot water, cereal.

Why not ensure that u hav a diaper bag packed n ready at all times? My diaper bag is always packed. I just grab n go. When i reached hm i will replenish anything that has been used so that it is ready for the next time. Haha then no need to think up a list