Struggling so much

I’m struggling so much as a new mother, even though my baby is 10 months old I still struggle to balance my baby, my home and my work. I can’t help resent everyone around me, and my husband isn’t spared. I snap at everything and everyone and I’m close to shutting down. I have good days but when I have bad days it gets really bad, and my baby almost always act up on those days. I’m getting help from my parents when I’m working, but when I’m at home and I see all the chores undone and house messy, my mood dips. I always question myself why i would allow dishes and clothes unwashed, and leave the house in this state when I have a baby in the house. I blame myself constantly, and question my capacity as a mum. I don’t feel like myself anymore, it’s so hard. How do other mothers do this? Im worried I’ll be left with no one if I continue this, and my relationship with my husband will get to a point of no return.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Hi! 👋🏼 1stly, u feeling the way u feel, believe me, u are not alone. I felt this too when I was a mother of 1. Then I got a hang of it. Then I became a mother of 2, double the mess, and I felt it again. Then I got a hang of that, too. Now, I'm a mother of 3 (nb some more. Imagine the laundry! 😅) And being on ML, I'm looking at a messy house that never cleans cos it just keeps on piling... But u know what? Yup, I'm gonna get a hang of this, too! 🤭 My secret - don't look at the mess, don't look at those piles. But don't do this too long la. At least until ready to clean up. 🤣 How to manage cleaning up? - I used to have PT cleaner but scrap her cos added cost (now that I hv nb). Housework is never-ending, so I try to minimise on work that I can minimise, like dirty dishes and laundry. - Plan my cleaning nights/days and plan what to clean and how to clean strategically. - Rope in kids and hb in cleaning (nag kids n hb and that kinda works for me. May or May not work for u, though. - On your favourite playlist as u clean. All the best k. Always stay calm.

Read more

I feel the same way too esp when baby is sick. But! I've learnt that I was being hard on myself esp the house chores. so I told my husb that some days I won't cook and he's ok. some days the house will be messy with unfold laundry and thats ok too. focus on your mental health. the clothes can always wait for at least another day. learn to chill and let it off your chest once in a while by communicating with your partner. but he must not judge anything that you complain cos all that is just in the moment kind of exhaustion. it feels great to after talking bout your feelings. it's not a 'do one time thing' it's probably every week thing. that's normal cos we're only humans.

Read more

*hugs* been there, thru that.. nw that my girl is 2.5 yrs old.. look/think back im glad that i braved thru, it's just a phrase that will be over and i believe you could too. Currently having 2nd one, unload in 2 weeks time, also start having the same worries, esp how to handle 2 (toddler +baby), + 3 dogs at home, we must be crazy. Time management is quite impt i feel, and try to find a routine n balance in it during the transition periodI feel you, and you will! :)

Read more

Hello. May I offer you some solutions ? I am a mother of 1 JC student + 1 NUS undergrad. I am handicap and run my own business. My siblings and I received no help from my mother . You may consider these options : a) dishwasher -- Japanese and China brands are selling small dishwashers for less than $500 b) your parents can look after your child in your house ? Then they can pack up the toys and tidy up your place , maybe you pay them extra or include dinner ?

Read more

Hello. I think you have too high expectations on yourself pertaining to household chores. That is the last thing that should be done by you. Get others to help or employ part time helper. You’re not superwoman though we all wish we are! Some more you’re juggling both baby with work. It’s definitely not easy. You can consider outsourcing certain tasks like cooking and cleaning, also child rearing to part time nanny or infant care. You deserve your sanity.

Read more

I feel u! The list of chores is never ending! I can relate to that! Don’t blame yourself ok it’s alright to feel this way. Just do things at one time. Prioritise them what u can do in one day. If it’s not possible to do, don’t push yourself. Forward to next day. That’s what I do. And don’t forget to do selfcare that’s the most important :)

Read more

Get a helper! With that extra $600-800/month you get sooo much sanity back. It’s worth the $ and privacy sacrifice, for me. No regrets, I can enjoy more quality time with baby without caring about washing and cleaning up, and cooking. AT ALL!

I totally feel you! Hugs* try to sometimes schedule for ME time with your girlfriends or do some exercise. You might feel better

Can consider getting a helper to focus on house chores. Otherwise part time help will be good