Husband loud snoring

I’m a light sleeper and happens so that my husband snores very loud when he sleeps. I always cannot get a good night’s sleep 🥲 We’re married for 3 years already but I still cannot stand his snoring.. intending to sleep separate room when we move to our new house. Wonder how I am going to tolerate for the rest of our lives 😅 Any wives facing this issue of husband snoring loudly too?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My husband and I tried sleeping together for about 10 years. Mostly no choice cos we stayed in rented place during that whole time. But once we moved into our own house, we agreed to sleep in separate rooms and it was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Our sleep quality improved drastically, hence mood and emotions became so much better and stable. More able to handle day to day work and stresses better. People including our families have questioned our decision. His mom even asked several times whether we are ok, thinking we are on the way to splitting up. But we kept reassuring everyone we are totally fine! Sleep is very important and if you are unable to get used to his snoring, still waking up many times every night, you and he are missing out on what life is like being well-rested lol.. Together for 14 years now and still very much in love haha

Read more
VIP Member

hahaha for a second I thought I posted this. I am in same shoes as you: light sleeper and hubby's snoring can wake up the dead. I'm married for 4yrs now. Getting our own place later this month. Will be definitely sleeping in different rooms then. Before having our baby, I used to use earplugs. Now can't as I won't know if baby cries. Husband won't know for sure. Haha

Read more

I have been using ear plugs from watsons since the week i got married cos my husband snores. Once plugged, I don’t hear anything until the alarm goes off. There are a couple of ear plugs out there is watsons and guardian. You may want to use them and see what best fits you.

not sure if it could be an underlying condition - sleep apnea. when someone snores loudly, it is caused by the rolling back of the tongue and blocked the airways. one way to counter it is to get ur husband to sleep on his sides than supine position.

VIP Member

I’m a light sleeper too. Hubby snores when he’s very tired.. how I cope? Try to be more understanding.. I can wake up like 6-7 times per night but I’ve learnt to live & let live. Well, that’s the perks of a married life I guess.

My hubby sleep talk a lot and snores too. I just got married recently (like months ago) and I don’t know how to tell him. Haha trying to enjoy our couple time and good night rest before baby comes along next year

I get my hub go sleep side way on a higher pillow and he don't snore in the posture. If he sleep facing up, he will snore. Maybe can try to get your hub sleep side way with a higher pillow.

Actually me 😅 10 years together, but somehow I get used to it. Sometimes if he get out of the room in the middle of the night, I will get waken up instead because the room is silent now.

We’re in the same boat. 😂 My husb will auto sleep in the living room if he hears me groan in frustration. Hahaha. We’re having a baby otw, I’m just hoping he don’t wake her up. 😂

Yes my husband snores super loudly too, but as times goes by, I am used to it. In fact when I don’t hear it that’s when I am alarmed or concerned 😂Married for almost 11 years.