Diabetes 3 times blood test

Hi, I’m informed by the gynae that during 5th months plus I’ve to do the diabetes test which required to draw blood for 3 times. Can I know is this an important test to do during pregnancy ? Or is it compulsory ?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Its to test for gestational diabetes. Its best to go for it especially if u have any family history etc. Just to make sure u can safely deliver your baby. If u are tested for diabetes, they might recommend changes to diet etc, or give u insulin injections to manage it. Mums with GD have higher chance of giving birth to bigger babies or even babies with low sugar. So in my opinion, its good to go for it!!

Read more
Super Mum

I did the test too. Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes during pregnancy & it opened my mind to watch my diet for the health of my LO. She was born healthy and strong :) 6 weeks post partum, I took the test again and was cleared from diabetes..

VIP Member

If family history has diabetes, recommended to do so. Thy will ask u to get fasted overnight, nxt mornin, thy will offer u one bòttle of orange juice. Thy will take ur blood bef orange juice, 1 hr later then 2 hrs again.

It is a recommended and definitely crucial test as having high glucose level may be dangerous and pose complications to baby and mommy. Gestational diabetes is common during pregnancy.

It’s to test for gestational diabetes. If you’re diagnosed with it, at least you can take proper care of it. So in my opinion, you should go for it!

TapFluencer

It is good to have the test. I discovered I had gestational diabetes and was able to properly take care of it. I was cleared of diabetes after giving birth

Best to go with doctor advice! At least you know your body after all the test. So that you will know what to prevent.

Super Mum

Yes, to check whether you have diabetes. But for me I only draw blood for 2 times.

Super Mum

Yes , pregnant woman has higher risk of gestational diabetes..do read them up

Super Mum

Yes. It's best to go for it. I went for mine.