I'm in love with someone from a different race and religion. Although I am not so religious myself my parents seem to think I will be happier with someone from the same race and religion. They believe a marriage with shared customs and values are the best and come about when people from the same race and religion marry. Will this honestly make me happy? Should I just follow their instructions or follow my heart?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My dad was violently against my relationship( he was American living in NYC). I eventually went against my heart and followed what my dad wanted because I wanted my dad to be happy. I do love my Husband very very much but I do wonder often what would have happened if I had followed my heart at that point in time. My dad might have been right and I would've ended up with someone from the same race and culture, but having went against my heart, it does make you wonder what would've been if you had followed your heart. It will be really tough, but don't give up! I think your heart will have many unanswered questions.

Read more