Mental Worry

I'm in my 2nd tri now. Care to show how you deal with paranoia whilst waiting for your monthly scan/appointment? I'm always thinking, is my baby OK? Are they breathing, eating?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hugs. Perfectly normal behavior. For me I sometimes cannot even sleep the night before. Especially in first trimester, we were so anxious cause we had several miscarriages before. Even my gynae was more careful, arranging frequent appointments so we could monitor baby more closely. Sometimes after the u/s scan I cry, to relieve the tension. Haha Praise the Lord that my baby was born healthy and is still growing well now.

Read more
4y ago

Forgot to mention... this is just the beginning! Worrying is part of being a parent and you will worry for the rest of your life for your child no matter how old they are! Hahaha

Omg I’m just like you! I feel Super paranoid during my 1st trimester that I go for weekly scan. But now in my 2nd trimester, I can see the bump abit more and can feel something is inside, so I feel more assured. Also if I encounter unusual pain etc or I feeling paranoid (again), I will not hesitate to see another gynae for a one-time scan. But I think when you can start feeling the kick, the paranoia will decrease.

Read more

I pray for baby’s wellbeing always! It’s something all of us pregnant ladies deal with since we cannot physically see them. Eat, exercise and take care of yourself that’s when baby will feel good too

VIP Member

As long as you can feel your baby’s movements, he/she is likely to be fine.. mummy must always be positive n cheerful ya!

I think worrying for your baby's wellbeing during pregnancy is normal. Just stay positive and trust your baby. :)

I leave everything to God

I thk is normal