How to feel sure about baby being okay?

This is my second pregnancy I lost my first child during week 11-14 while waiting for the next doctor appointment in 1month time. When I went to the doctor appoint they said my child heart stop beating. It's abit traumatizing so I'm not sure how to feel sure tht my baby is alright other then having to keep on gg extra scaning when I'm unsure as I'm taking private gynae for my second child it's abit expensive. But I can't help but worry if my child is okay or not. I'm currently 14weeks n in few more days I'm gg for the 3rd doctor appointment n I'm afraid tht experience will come again....

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had to termination about the period as yours as I failed the first trimester scan.. and I soon got pregnant after confinement.. like you, I have my fear but honestly , I think our phobia will forever be there around until we hear the baby crying in our arms because every second is uncertainty .. I held my excitement throughout my pregnancy , I dare not be happy I dare not look forward .. but I trust my rainbow baby and we are coming to our last few weeks and I will continue to put my fear aside and trust that my baby will be well. I it’s easier said than done but tell yourself “if it’s yours, it’s meant to be yours…” I am sure we took extra care during our first pregnancy and things still went south, so this time I tell myself not to worry anymore and just be relax.. jiayou! Hope all is going to be well for you!

Read more

I'm in week 16 and I have the same thoughts as you. My next scan is in a few days time but I can't help to feel fear and excitement at the same time. Fear that my baby is not well, but yet, looking forward to seeing how much my baby has grown. Every new week, I googled to see what're the signs of a healthy baby but can never be sure of it. I can only trust the process and tell myself that as long as no unusual symptoms, there's nothing to worry. I hope and pray that our babies are well and may we have a successful delivery! stay strong and positive! 💪🏻

Read more
7mo ago

thank u I will pray both of us to have a successful delivery too💪

I’m currently 14 weeks too, and I’m worried about same thing even though this is my first pregnancy. Do u still have pregnancy symptoms?