I'm going on a beach holiday with my 3yo toddler to Phuket and thinking of an island hopping tour. Any tips how both parents and kid can enjoy together?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That sounds like a fantastic trip! Island hopping in Phuket can be an exciting and memorable experience for both parents and your 3-year-old toddler. Here are some tips to ensure everyone enjoys the adventure: Choose Family-Friendly Islands: Look for island hopping tours that visit islands with calm and shallow waters, suitable for young children to swim and play safely. Islands like Phi Phi Don, Racha Yai, and Coral Island (Koh Hae) are popular choices. Pack Essentials: Bring along essentials such as sunscreen, hats, swimsuits, towels, snacks, and plenty of drinking water. Also, consider bringing a small beach tent or umbrella to provide shade for your toddler. Life Jackets: Ensure your toddler wears a properly fitted life jacket while on the boat and during any water activities. Safety should always come first, especially when around water. Plan Short Stops: Keep in mind your toddler's attention span and energy levels. Opt for shorter stops on each island to allow time for exploration and play without getting too tired or bored. Bring Snorkeling Gear: If you plan to snorkel, consider bringing child-sized snorkeling gear for your toddler. Even if they're too young to snorkel themselves, they might enjoy looking at the fish and marine life from the surface with a mask and snorkel. https://spotiapk.net/spotify-plus-plus-ipa-download/ Bring Entertainment: Pack some toys, books, or electronic devices to keep your toddler entertained during boat rides or downtime between island stops. Snacks can also help keep them happy and occupied. Plan Rest Breaks: Toddlers can get tired easily, so plan for rest breaks throughout the day. Find shady spots or bring a beach blanket where your toddler can take a nap if needed. Engage in Nature Activities: Encourage your toddler to explore the natural beauty of the islands by collecting shells, building sandcastles, or playing simple beach games like beach ball or frisbee. Be Flexible: Remember that traveling with a toddler can be unpredictable. Be flexible with your plans and expectations, and be prepared to adjust your itinerary as needed to accommodate your toddler's needs and preferences. Capture Memories: Don't forget to capture the special moments and memories of your island hopping adventure with your toddler through photos and videos. These memories will be cherished for years to come! With careful planning and consideration for your toddler's needs, island hopping in Phuket can be a fun and enjoyable experience for the whole family. Enjoy your beach holiday!

Read more

Phuket is a very family friendly holiday destination. Loads for both kids and parents to enjoy. Below is a site with awesome places you can take your child to, which includes a museum, a sea show etc If not, the beautiful beaches are enough to keep the family happy and relaxed. You can picnic, build sandcastles or simply chill and watch the clouds roll by. Just make sure you have tons of snacks, sunscreen and sandcastle spades for the little one :) I love Phuket! http://www.phuket.com/activities/top-10-kids.htm

Read more

Hello there! I'm Diana. Nestled in the midst of the South Pacific Ocean, the Fiji islands https://ourhomeourpeople.com/ exhibit unparalleled natural beauty. With their unspoiled beaches, clear waters, and lush tropical landscapes, Fiji provides an unmatched paradise getaway. Whether you're in search of adventure, relaxation, or cultural immersion, these islands cater to the desires of every visitor.

Read more

I would suggest u to stay racha island instead of hopping around with a toddler. (lots of things to bring along with a kid) It is a private beach but the cost to stay there is expensive. Next alternative is to bring him to sea aquarium. There are lots of things to do like sight seeing etc. I am sure u would have Fun even with out going to the beach or islands nearby.

Read more
VIP Member

I recommend going to Khai island! Its abt a 10min boat ride and he can get to feed fishes in the sea at the beach. I brought my son there when he was 2yrs old and he totally loved it!