I'm going back to work soon and wanna build up my stash..I'm quite low supply. currently I am latching my baby for morning feeds x 2 feeds...thinking of dropping latching altogether and pump...but afraid my supply will drop..currently latching 2 feeds and pumping for 4 feeds a day....my supply is just enough chilled...not enough to be freeze and I'm also not looking to build freeze supplies. just hoping to get at least 2to3days in advance supplies. BTW will our bm increase if we latch more if our lo is ard 4 months??? or has it already been regulated??? thanks!!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Pump after you latch :) So in this ways, it'll tell your brain your supply is not enough hence it'll boost your supply. Night pump is always a booster pump with many good nutrients, if your son don't latch at night, wake up and pump. Hardworking mummy will always get pay off with the milk supply they want. In fact, my girl finish the whole frozen stash that i pump throughout. While the brother latch, kind of sad that i decide to stop pumping already.

Read more

I pump after latching on and accumulate those pump sessions after latch on to my freezer stash... I am only just enough supply mummy but I hav kept 30 packs of 180ml frozen (accumulated from my first 3 months at home). Now I am back to office, everyday I take one frozen pack for my son and freeze one pack.. So that it doesn't deplete my frozen milk and my frozen is kept fresh too... I also still taking booster to maintain the supply

Read more

Hi, I had both latched and pumped. My supply was quite good as I had stored ard 30 over packets in freezer and 20 bottles in chiller. I drank a lot of soup and mostly black bean soup and papaya soup. I only drank one cup of tea daily and kept drinking a lot of water. Our milk supply will go up and I managed to feed my LO nearing a year but had to give up due to hectic work schedule.

Read more
VIP Member

Avoid milk killers like coffee and cabbage Increase your supply of fluids and keep pumping. At 4 months you can still increase your milk supply. :)

Read more