What Chinese Tonic Can We Eat

I'm going to 19 weeks. What tonic food can be taken?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took tian yuan xiang pure chicken essence throughout my first preg. Now just found out I'm preg again so had bought the chicken essence again. Just buy the pure one to boost your energy and immune system. No need to get the herbs one as every one body is difference.. my gynae dont really support herbs for preggy

Read more
Super Mum

I would be cautious with Chinese tonic during pregnancy, but they are good for postpartum. I only had bird's nest, if that's consider a chinese tonic 😃homemade chicken essence too

2y ago

homemade chicken essences is good. my sister recovery very fast afte gave birth and the baby is fit and healthy. she make once every week.

VIP Member

Bird nest and chicken essence. You can also cook black soup with pork ribs or chicken which will be good for nourishing blood and maintaining good iron level.

I don’t eat any. I don’t dare ask you dunno what medical effect they have on ur baby and you. If you want, maybe ask tcm. For me, Just have a balanced diet will do

Super Mum

I ask my gynae the same question. She ask me to seek tcm advise as everyone body is different and would need different kind of tonic.

Bird nest and chicken essence from tian yuan xiang. In case other brand taste bad for you, TYX chicken essence taste like chix soup

Would generally avoid Chinese tonics and herbs during pregnancy but once in a while, bird nest and chicken essence are okay.

Yup see a tcm and don't try to anyhow eat yourself.. But I think things like chicken essence (no other herbs is ok.)

Hey, Try Bird Nest as well as Brand's chicken essence as well

VIP Member

Birds nest should be fine or do consult the physician