buying baby items

Hi! I'm a FTM. Just want to know what are the essentials for the newborn and when should I start buying? I don't want to splurge a lot. Also, I'm not having a gender reveal party/baby shower. As only my close friends and relatives know that I'm currently pregnant. Will like to keep it this way till I give birth. Thank you for your advices!! ??

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can start looking around and plan from 6 months onwards. I bought the heavy and bulky items about 6 months and the lighter items at the later part of the pregnancy. Essentials will be laundry detergent, milk bottles (1 or 2 will be enough as baby might not like the teat and rejects them), cot, mattress, mattress cover, stroller, a few sets of clothes, towels, hankerchiefs and one to two packet of nb diapers as they outgrow very fast. It is good to standby a cheap breastpump if you intends to breastfeed. If intends to use formula, the hospital actually provides some of the brands that you can test try first and then purchase on the day of discharge or getting your husband to purchase the day before discharge.

Read more