Baby's gender

I did NIPT (since my FTS is high risk) and found out that it can also show the baby's gender. Am excited but not prepared as always thought will know only after 21 wks during the ultrasound. I am planning to do a gender reveal party so do u think is ok if i tell the gynae that i do not want to know the gender yet? (Since my main priority is the downsyndrome result). Will they still gv us the slip of paper of the gender for us to keep? Abit paiseh want ask dr to not reveal :D

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

in KKH, after doing FTS, the doctor just showed us the NIPT result which had the gender. we were not prepared to know ... and were not asked if we want to know.. anyway, my FTS was also high risk. nipt came as low risk for all 3 but still a bit concerned

Yes you can inform the Gynae that you don’t want to k ow the gender. However the gender is stated in the report, hence they probably need to do some editing of the report before sending to you.

yes you can inform. it won’t be the gynae but rather the staff who pass you to report. You cannot view the results of your report.

1y ago

what do u mean not able to view results of report? meaning will only see result when with the staff?

Today I took NIPT and the nurse asked me if I want to know the gender when she was filling up the NIPT form.