Distressed

Hi I’m a FTM but unplanned pregnancy so feeling very stressed. Whole pregnancy has been very tough for me emotionally as I’m very fearful of pain and have been dreading to give birth. Have actually scheduled my c sect date thinking that it might be better for me mentally but I just found out from my gynae that husband isnt allowed to enter operating theatre due to the new covid restrictions. I’m feeling very ugh because I’m really very scared and I don’t know what to do. Gynae did advice me to go for natural as she shared that my baby doesn’t look too big and I’m tall as well, and that c sect recovery will be quite painful and unbearable whenever I cough or laugh but I’m so scared of the labour, contractions and the process of waiting as well. Not sure what I should do.. am feeling very upset with my husband because of this too. Do share some experience and advice with me to help me out. Thank you

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

5 times natural delivery mum here and I'll still choose natural delivery over c-sect as the recovery for vaginal delivery is very much faster than c-sect. Trust your body. Everyone was/is a FTM. Your body knows what to do. Contraction is far more painful than menses cramp BUT there is always epidural to save your day. You can sleep, talk, whatever without feeling pain. Also good to take cos natural delivery is very exhausting. Normally it'll take hours of labour for FTM, some until 30 hours, mine was 6 hours. You definitely need the strength later on to push your baby out. And epidural also helps to speed up your dilation. But since you've chose c-sect, again, trust your body. It may take a while to recover. It can also be very painful and frustrating to breastfeed your baby with the stitches but know that you're doing all great! Trust the process and your determination and will to recover fast. All the best!

Read more