Everything about KKH subsidised

I'm a first time mummy. A subsidised patient in KKH recently gave birth 3 weeks ago. I am creating this post for the benefit of those that is also a subsidised patient, and whom may have questions about KKH during labour/admission. Bed You can only choose B2 or C ward. No deposit are required. If the selected ward is full, they will transfer you to a higher ward. You will still pay the ward that you initially selected. All are fully paid by medisave, unless your medisave is not enough then you'll be asked to make payment after they sent you the bill via post. Natural/Caesarean If you have opted to give birth naturally, and in cases whereby you have to do an emergency c-sect, you will be charged as c-sect. You won't be charged be both. Visitors In website, they stated that 5 pre-registered visitors allowed. There is a little flexibility. I did not register my visitors, and they just register themselves at counter. only 2 visitors at any one time. Your hubby will not be allowed to stay thru the night even if you're placed at ward A1. Hospital stay Baby will have to stay in room with mummy. you can still ask for nurses' help, they are really helpful! Checking out Nurse will do the necessary explanations before you leave. It will be done at your bed. They will advise when you should go polyclinic to check on newborn (jaundice). You will also be asked to register for Kkh goodie bags. It will be sent to you within 2-4 weeks. That's all for now. You may ask questions and i will try my best to answer, based on my experience. But above all, it's still best to check with the admin staff over at Kkh. :)

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! How about a Ltvp mother and PR husband? Do you have any idea about the procedures and costs for normal delivery? Thanks..

3y ago

Oh, thank you for all replies. We decided to just go back to my hometown for the baby delivery, as we both doesn't have relatives here for confinement support..