Ward after delivery

Contemplating between choosing Ward A1 or sticking to the usual Ward C… 5 out of 5 times that I’ve been hospitalised are all under C class. This time after delivery, thinking if I should “reward” myself with a bit of luxury and private rest. Heard that in C class, you’ll be constantly disturbed by other mummies’ visitors or other babies’ cry. To what extent is this true? Any mummies keen to share your experience? I will be giving birth at KKH in August

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you want your husband to stay overnight, you can only choose ward A. Some mummies prefer ward sharing as time will pass faster since there’s someone to share and talk to. And yes, sharing of ward, there is a risk that when you’re asleep (light sleeper) during visiting hours, the chitchatting of other visitors might disrupt your sleep. Babies wise, it depends on your luck….. I personally stayed in single ward but 2-3 doors away, there is a baby which won’t stop crying and the only time he/she stops crying is when the nurses bring him back to nursery for vaccinations. However, it also depends on your baby. Although the constant cries from the next few doors, my baby’s sleep wasn’t distrupted.

Read more