Subsidised Patient & Delivery in KKH

Hi Mummies Could you kindly share on your experience for delivery in KKH as a subsidised patient? What I heard from the nurses was there will be a team of midwifes assisting wo specific dr. Wonder if it’s the same for natural or c-sec.. Any idea if you can change to A ward after delivery? My next appointment will be at my week 38 and they have not spoken to me about bill size or birth plan. Thanks!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I delivered on 28th June. To be honest, I really had a good experience during labour till i got discharge & I opt for B2 ward. I was ready to get black faces from nurses & doctors but NO. I was treated just like how patient suppose to be treated. They were nice & friendly. Only one doctor check my dilation, the nurses don’t. They didn’t stressed me up at all. My stitch got better after 10 days. The nurses at the ward were great too. Very attentive. You can draw your curtain when you need some privacy plus the baby going to with you all the time. plus point the food was nice I can say. but still it depends on you.. private or sub☺️

Read more

Best advice to change to private. A good friend of mine just gave birth under emergency c sect b ward. After discharge 3 days later she had wound infection went back and the nurse said I knew you will be back. End up she got to stay another week and after discharge going back daily to wash and change her wound for 1 month.

Read more
VIP Member

If u take b1 or A ward u will be charged as private patient..gynae wise nt so sure u cn pick any cos too late alr

Yes! You can change to A class nearer to your delivery date. As long as there is upfront payment