Confinement without nanny

I'm a first time mum and delivering in June. For the past few months I thought I have made up my mind not to engage a nanny partly due to space and budget constraints. However, my family members start telling me recently that I should really engage one but for some reason I feel that we can manage without one. Here are some facts to share; do let me know your views! We live in a one bedroom apartment. Husband will be taking paternity leave. Husband has no problem with laundry and housework. Our mothers can drop by a few hours a day. We'll be ordering confinement meals. Based on the above, does it seem ok that we can go without a confinement lady?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its depends on you. But as first time mum, I’m very glad I engage CL as my plan natural birth become emergency c section & it take almost a month for me to recover. During my confinement my nanny take care of me & baby. And after she left even me & husband have very difficult time to adjust with our baby. Especially with additional pumping session. Lack of sleep is definitely a big issue here 😂. Happened to me, husband need to go out for few hours & left me & baby alone. And my baby keep crying all of sudden and he just have his milk & diapers change. I can’t even go toilet or drink water because I need to calm him down. 🥲 So its really tedious & I have breakdown many times because its very difficult to adjust life with newborn & very very tiring. But seeing your little one face sleep peacefully always make everything seems worth it. Jiayou mummy!

Read more
3y ago

oh yes definitely. CL would most likely be like your angels if your mums are not available!