Confinement without nanny

I'm a first time mum and delivering in June. For the past few months I thought I have made up my mind not to engage a nanny partly due to space and budget constraints. However, my family members start telling me recently that I should really engage one but for some reason I feel that we can manage without one. Here are some facts to share; do let me know your views! We live in a one bedroom apartment. Husband will be taking paternity leave. Husband has no problem with laundry and housework. Our mothers can drop by a few hours a day. We'll be ordering confinement meals. Based on the above, does it seem ok that we can go without a confinement lady?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am also doing my confinement without a nanny but my mum-in-law comes in the day time every day to just help out with chores and also to take care of the baby so my husband and I can rest a little here and there. I think having one extra person in the house to help out in the day is really helpful, especially when you’re a FTM trying to adjust to a brand new baby during the first month, and what’s more, you’re up almost all night feeding and putting baby to sleep (that’s me). The day time is when I honestly catch up with my rest and to chill a little because I’m exhausted from the night. Hope this is useful for you. (: Having a sudden addition to the family is a huge adjustment so when help is offered, take it readily. (:

Read more
3y ago

sure, thanks a lot!