Confinement without nanny

I'm a first time mum and delivering in June. For the past few months I thought I have made up my mind not to engage a nanny partly due to space and budget constraints. However, my family members start telling me recently that I should really engage one but for some reason I feel that we can manage without one. Here are some facts to share; do let me know your views! We live in a one bedroom apartment. Husband will be taking paternity leave. Husband has no problem with laundry and housework. Our mothers can drop by a few hours a day. We'll be ordering confinement meals. Based on the above, does it seem ok that we can go without a confinement lady?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally I feel it’s better to have another person to help you with your confinement besides your husband because baby wakes up every 2-3 hours for milk and sometimes baby cries non stop which will make you and your husband very tired. You and your husband won’t get to rest well at night and then he still has to do housework in the morning etc.

Read more
3y ago

I agree with you. :)