should i stop work early?

i'm currently working as a teacher in a childcare and is in class with the children for a big chunk of the day. i know most pregnant ladies are able to work up till 30+ weeks but i come back so tired and drained from being in a classroom filled with so many active children everyday. my second trimester hasn't been as enjoyable as i've read it's supposed to be for most, since my lethargy and a few other pregnancy symptoms have actually intensified (breathlessness, irritability, migraines from the loud ambience, etc.) doesn't help that the last term of school will be soooo hectic what's bothering me too is that i will be moving houses soon and be further away from work closer to my third trim. but with everyone i know and seen so far working till the start of their maternity leave i feel so useless if i took on the option to go on unpaid leave for the time being....

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to ask ur gynae for HL. If u're a private patient, higher chance of getting it (tho private hospitals are more lenient to give as compared to govt hospitals). I'm a teacher too, in pri sch. My gynae gave me HL frm 33rd wk onwards, partly due to my asthma too. So I only used my ML aft birth.

3y ago

my gynae (priv hosp) told me she wouldn't give any HL unless i was hospitalised...bc she does the checking on the issuance of HLs for other gynaes 🥲 but in this case i'm probably going to take NPL like you mentioned. thank you so much!