Pregnancy Depression

I’m currently at week 32 of my pregnancy and it has never been smooth sailing from day 1. I’m a petite person and my bump has never really shown up till today, so people never really bothered about me being pregnant neither do I get special treatment from anyone. I’ve been alone throughout my pregnancy because I have a husband who doesn’t care. Every food that I crave, I had to get it myself. I’d drive miles from one end of SG to the other just to get it. My husband never once cared about the child I’m carrying. Never once asked if the baby things is enough or if there’s anything that needs to be bought. All he cares about is me racking up the hospital bills. I got scolded for choosing TMC because he said he couldn’t afford it. I asked many times if he wanted to change hospital but all he does is curse and swear at me. I’ve mentally prepared myself to not take epidural or anything that would help lessen my pain because my husband can’t afford it. Since day 1 of my pregnancy, I’ve never felt happy. All I’ve wanted to do is end my life, and bring my baby with me. I’ve never gotten quality sleep because he snores at night. And the only time I’ve got a quality sleep was before we got married which was a year ago. I’m in last few weeks and I’m annoyed at my baby kicking me throughout the night. I’m annoyed that I couldn’t sleep. I’m annoyed that I still have to get up in the morning to go to work and hate my job because I’m heavily pregnant but I don’t look like it so no one cares. I’m just honestly, tired. And maybe, I don’t get the support from anyone. At all. I don’t know what I need or what will help me but at this rate, I think I’m falling in post partum depression too for sure right? #firstbaby #pleasehelp #bantusharing #pregnancy

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

So sorry to hear that you are feeling this way during your pregnancy journey. It should be a very beautiful moment for expecting mums to be. Perhaps we are also more sensitive while we are pregnant, as our hormones are surging and body is changing to adapt to carry a new life in us. Thus, you may feel that you don’t receive much attention. But no matter what, you are not alone. In fact, you are strong and brave to take the first step out to voice out in this community. If situation persist, do speak to your gynae privately and he/she may refer you to some social support group to seek emotional support. Financial wise, perhaps you can seek help from constituents. There’s also Medisave to tap on for your hospital bill. Pls stay strong and hold on tight for the sake of your little one. Every life is precious, so irregardless of whether you receiving any care or concern from anyone, what matters most is you and your baby. Have a smooth and safe pregnancy and delivery, remember you and your baby is the utmost priority. You are special to your baby, and your baby is special to you. It’s all that matters. Hugs to you mummy. Stay strong 💪🏻

Read more