Pregnancy Depression

I’m currently at week 32 of my pregnancy and it has never been smooth sailing from day 1. I’m a petite person and my bump has never really shown up till today, so people never really bothered about me being pregnant neither do I get special treatment from anyone. I’ve been alone throughout my pregnancy because I have a husband who doesn’t care. Every food that I crave, I had to get it myself. I’d drive miles from one end of SG to the other just to get it. My husband never once cared about the child I’m carrying. Never once asked if the baby things is enough or if there’s anything that needs to be bought. All he cares about is me racking up the hospital bills. I got scolded for choosing TMC because he said he couldn’t afford it. I asked many times if he wanted to change hospital but all he does is curse and swear at me. I’ve mentally prepared myself to not take epidural or anything that would help lessen my pain because my husband can’t afford it. Since day 1 of my pregnancy, I’ve never felt happy. All I’ve wanted to do is end my life, and bring my baby with me. I’ve never gotten quality sleep because he snores at night. And the only time I’ve got a quality sleep was before we got married which was a year ago. I’m in last few weeks and I’m annoyed at my baby kicking me throughout the night. I’m annoyed that I couldn’t sleep. I’m annoyed that I still have to get up in the morning to go to work and hate my job because I’m heavily pregnant but I don’t look like it so no one cares. I’m just honestly, tired. And maybe, I don’t get the support from anyone. At all. I don’t know what I need or what will help me but at this rate, I think I’m falling in post partum depression too for sure right? #firstbaby #pleasehelp #bantusharing #pregnancy

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You're not alone in this journey. There's plenty of mental and financial help available. Talk to someone or rant here. Pregnancy and parenting is a tiring journey and not everyone can understand how much mummies have to go through. Your baby is telling you in a way all things are fine and showing you some love. We can't shut people up and there's always those giving unwanted or unnecessary comments. Just one ear in and one ear out. Don't let them affect you. Be strong for yourself and your baby.

Read more