activities to avoid in 3rd tri

I’m currently in my third trimester and starting to feel the weight (literally!) of my pregnancy. I want to make sure I’m doing everything I can to keep my baby and myself safe as we get closer to the due date. Are there any specific activities or things I should avoid during the third trimester?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congratulations on reaching the third trimester of your pregnancy! It's a crucial time, and it's great that you're thinking about how to keep yourself and your baby safe. As you near your due date, it's essential to be mindful of certain activities to ensure a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Here are some things you may want to consider avoiding during the third trimester: 1. Heavy lifting: As you mentioned feeling the weight of your pregnancy, it's best to avoid heavy lifting to prevent straining your muscles and putting extra pressure on your abdomen. 2. High-impact exercises: While staying active is important, high-impact exercises like running or intense aerobics may put too much stress on your body at this stage. Consider switching to low-impact exercises like swimming or prenatal yoga. 3. Lying flat on your back: This position can put pressure on a major vein that returns blood to your heart, potentially causing dizziness or a drop in blood pressure. Instead, try lying on your side with a pillow for support. 4. Certain foods: Be cautious about consuming foods that could pose a risk to you and your baby, such as unpasteurized dairy products, raw or undercooked meats, and fish high in mercury. 5. Stressful situations: While some stress is inevitable, try to avoid unnecessary stress and find ways to relax, as high levels of stress can affect both you and your baby. Remember that every pregnancy is different, so it's essential to consult with your healthcare provider to get personalized advice based on your specific situation. Take care and enjoy this special time as you prepare to welcome your little one into the world! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Nothing actually. The weight and size of your belly will prevent you from doing a lot of things alrdy haha

Avoid not getting enough sleep! Sleep all you can cause soon there won’t be any!

Don't carry heavy things and rest more!