Prep baby to walk

I’m just curious if any parents prep their baby to walk without Walker of activity centre? How you do it or if there’s any articles that I can read more about it. Tyvm

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It’s a gradual process. From letting my baby stand and hold on to something, to watching baby start cruising. Then after that I started putting her to the standing position on a firm surface and let go to let her balance. I would start with like 1 second first, then gradually lengthen the time. At the same time, I let her hold both my hands and try to take some steps forward. As she got more steady, I loosened my grip a little, and later on, just held one hand. When she could accomplish the above and also stand independently for 15-30 seconds, I put her standing about 30cm away from me and told her to walk towards me. And she did:) took 1-2 steps initially with me catching her after, and slowly the number of independent steps increased

Read more
VIP Member

No walker or activity center when he learned to walk at 10mo. It's a gradual progress and watching what he was interested in and encouraging him. E.g. When he started pulling himself up, I placed his favourite toy on the sofa to encourage him to reach for his toy but only for a few mins each day. Later when he learned to grab out fingers to pull himself up and take a few steps, we let him lead the way for as long as he feels like

Read more