Can mummies-to-be dye their hair?

First time pregnant and I read some articles that pregnant women are not allowed to dye their hair because the dye will affect the baby. Is it true? If it is, then how mummies cover their grey hair or even maintain their appearance?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, it is true that some chemicals in hair dye can be absorbed into the bloodstream and potentially affect the baby during pregnancy. However, there are safe alternatives for pregnant women who want to cover their grey hair or maintain their appearance. You can opt for ammonia-free and organic hair dyes, henna, or highlights that don't touch the scalp. It's also important to wait until the second trimester when your baby's major organs have already developed before considering any hair treatments. Additionally, you can explore different hairstyles or hair accessories to cover grey roots, such as headbands, scarves, or stylish hats. Some mummies also choose to embrace their natural hair color during pregnancy and focus on maintaining healthy hair through regular trims and deep conditioning treatments. It's essential to consult your healthcare provider before making any decisions about dyeing your hair during pregnancy. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific health condition and pregnancy stage. Remember, taking care of yourself during pregnancy is important, and there are many safe and stylish options available to maintain your appearance without compromising your baby's health. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I dyed my hair twice but used ammonia free hair dye and after trimester one. I think this one is based on personal choice. Some mommies are okay to dye, while some are not. It depends on your own comfort level.

just tolerate till birth or wear a cap. personally for me, I wouldn't risk my baby's health. but I do know other mums that go ahead and dye their hair too, it's up to your own belief I guess

I did not dye my hair, tahan until giv birth breastfeeding also don't dare to dye hair... ask your doctor? Everybody's body is different

TapFluencer

i couldnt take it... used rihenna (henna) from pink beauty to cover my grey hair...

Up to your own preference, use ammonia free, use more natural ones

I think best is not to