shld i be a sahm?

im so so burnt out at work that i do not have the time for my child. im a teacher and have been going to sch for duties every sat and just ended a stay overnight camp. i hate work. and my boss keep dangling carrots over promotion and work just keep pilng. to the extent i really hate work. i really want to spend more time with lo and i feel guilty for not spending more time. this thought has been swirling in my mind but i have no courage to step down from work. im feeling tired and lost.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I was in your shoes 3 years ago. The pay was good but the boss was s***. No time to get married, no time to have kids. You have to decide when enough is enough and walk away from all this. I have no regrets quitting my job although I did tell my hubby that perhaps in the future if I hear my boss is gone, I might decide to go back there to work. Being a sahm means loss of income from one source. But if you and hubby work out your finances and feel that it's ok then that's fine.

Read more

How old is your child? If he or she is of the age where going to a few hours of playgroup is possible, why not take up private tuition assignments since I supposed you are a MOE trained teacher. More flexibility , though you'll have to overcome the paycut and some adjustments in your lifestyle...

VIP Member

Well i m in the same position as you.If finance is not an issue then why not be a SAHM .