Losing motivation at work

Every since I reached 5 weeks, I start to feel tired all the time. Sometimes so tired that I find it hard to focus and really need to get some sleep in the day. It makes it very hard for me to get any work done. Although I am working from home, but I’m also mindful not to disappear for too long. But it’s hard to go on. I have been taking naps everyday even on work days. Every Sunday, I really dread working the next day. I don’t wish to be a stay at home mum. But I find it so difficult to get work done, I feel guilty that I cannot perform at work. Any similar experiences?#1stimemom #workingmama

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey mummy-to-be, don’t feel guilty! I also experienced e same till I reach mid 2nd trimester and I even dose off at work (in office) till people ard me spot it 🤭 I understand it is very hard to keep yourself awake even if with sour plum, sweets etc. So, just take a nap whenever your body wanna rest since you are WFH. Once you had your power nap then rush all your work at once.. You can do it and congrats to you!

Read more
2y ago

Thank you Mummy X. That’s very comforting to hear. Thankfully I am still on WFH most days, so am really trying not to arrange too many meetings in the afternoon so that I can steal a nap in between.

if it's really hard to focus, maybe you can request to take unpaid leave for the first trimester to rest, provided if your company is able to arrange manpower to cover you for that period. Usually morning sickness and fatigue will get better in the second trimester.

2y ago

Hmm, that’s true. Didn’t think about taking unpaid.

Am also facing similar situation. So planning to quit in few weeks. Being in management position it's difficult for me to take leaves or take naps in between as I have to continuously be either on chat or zoom calls. So decided to quit and focus on pregnancy.

2y ago

Oh i see. That’ll be great. I hope you’ll get enough rest and a good break to nurture the pregnancy 😊😊

You can try to take some leaves to rest. I also napped at home during lunch time previously. My energy level start to get better in 2nd trimester and I can finally focus more on work so persevere on!

2y ago

Yeap, I’ll definitely wanna take some leave so that I can have shorter weeks

That’s one of the reason I resigned from my current workplace. Serving notice now. I’m current 5 weeks, decide to quit and rest. After that i will still go back to work

2y ago

Yup yup. Don’t think it’s possible for me. Not very realistic considering that we need to save up for baby and our house.