Stop breastmilk production

I'm 4 weeks pp and I would like to stop pumping/breastfeeding since my volume has been low (50-70ml) no matter what I do, and just feed my baby with formula milk. Any tips on how to best stop breastmilk from being produced over time? Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Drag pump time, slight hand express if discomfort but do not empty boob. Else just request medicine from GP/Gynae to stop milk. Should dry up in 2 weeks. Anyway just to add that I was in the same situation as you when I’m 1 month PP. I needed to combine 2-3 sessions to be able to match baby’s 1 feed hence baby was on mixed feeding since birth. To make bfing worse, I had 2 episodes of mastitis acccompanied by the lack of sleep which made me want to give up bfing badly.. 😔 I requested for the prescription to stop milk supply but GP told me “once you take there’s no U-turn.” I told myself to try for the last time, if cannot then forget it. Skeptical and desperate, I tried sunflower lecithin and legendairy milk supplements, thankfully it worked for me so baby transited to full bm. I went from very undersupply to oversupply. Whatever it is, fed is best and do what you think will make you feel happy! ❤️

Read more
2y ago

Oh no :( I remember that!! My nipples looks like cocktail sausages so I’ve never dared to try power pumping as it’s too frequent. 🥲 But anyways, our sanity is definitely more important! Happy mommy, happy baby! 🫶🏻

I gradually prolong the pumping session from 2-3 hours to like 4-5 then 6-7 so on and forth.

2y ago

thanks for sharing!