Wondering if can induce labour

Currently 39 weeks 2 days. My last check up was a week ago and the doctor was saying I’m alr 2cm dilated and even did a membrane sweep for me. She said I probably will go into labour these few days but til now my water bag has yet to burst. My mucus plug has alr come out 1-2 days after my membrane sweep too. My next check up will be in 3 days. Not sure if I can ask the doctor whether it is possible to induce labour? Isit possible? I’m a subsidised patient with NUH, don’t have a gynae I am with. Is induction of labour rly more pain compared to waiting for waterbag to burst? And normally 2cm dilated by now….. shouldn’t there be some sort of progression…. More dilation. especially with the membrane sweep done #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yah can ask the doctor, don’t wait already. you don’t really have to wait for water bag to burst.. if have contractions also can go hosp. and not all cervix will dilate nicely after induction or membrane sweep, that’s why there are some that go into csect.

Hi I’m in similar situation as you right now! Wondering did you get induced in the end? And how was your experience with it 😊

9mo ago

If you tell the doc you’re tired i doubt the doctor will induce you unless you’re seeing private doctor. If you’re seeing doc under subsides then i can suggest walk in to a+e c/o less fetal movement. Then once they’re done with the ctg tell them you’re keen for induce for baby safety. Besides that they wont induce you becos there’s no medical indication it is necessary to do that