Neo Penotran Vaginal Suppository

I'm 30 weeks pregnant nung niresetahan ako ng OB ng suppository with the name above as treatment for bacterial vaginosis, she was actually the second ob na pinuntahan ko, pero yung basis nya ng pag prescribe ng medicine na to is based sa result ng papsmear test ko from my first OB from a different clinic which was treated with oral medication of metronidazole for 7 days. I told her naman na nag-take na ako ng gamot for it before like nung time when the results just came in and I was like just 5 months pregnant that time. She just said that this is her way of treating patients and that other OB's way is different daw... Ang mahal ng gamot na to and I just tried it now... I'm currently 33 weeks na... Pinag ipunan pa namin na mabili pero I'm really doubting na need ko pa to.. Sino po nakaka alam ng efficacy ng treatment na to? Should I continue this for a week or just stop... Wala naman akong itching or anything na nararamdaman prior to buying this suppository, I'm just worried lang kasi yung discharge ko is kinda yellow recently and smells a lil off... Pero Di kasi ako mapanatag talaga... Pa help po 😣😣😣

1 Reply
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
VIP Member

if may discharge pa rin po and foul smell yung vagina mo after completing the dosage of the lrescribed med by your first OB, then you should take the advise of your second OB, the bacteria might recurred after the antibiotic or might not totally gone with the oral med..the vag suppository aids to prevent the infection that may reach your baby inside your womb,if your infection doesnt cure immediately it may affect the baby, and your baby will undergo to medications also.

Magbasa pa
4y ago

Well, it has mild itching sa area the first time the results came in and after I took the medication from my first OB nawala sya and then may discharge pa rin pero it wasn't yellow, white sya before and no smell recently lang sya nag change color and nag iba smell pero wala namang itching this time but okay maybe yea, the bacteria might've recurred but is this really safe for someone who's in the 8th month na po? I tried googling kasi and sabi lang if result outweighs the risk of harming the baby... 😣 and I don't like the fact that 1 medicine ingredient on the suppository is on pregnancy category C... Pero ayun, thankssh mamsh sa pag sagot.