To switch OB or not? (availability and budget issues)

Mommies! I'm already on my 23rd week and currently working from home. Sa first supposedly OB (OB#1) ko, nagkaroon ng emergency nung nakaschedule na ang checkup ko sa kanya. Tapos nagMECQ for 2 weeks. So on the 4th week nagpunta ako ng clinic only to find out that she's not coming. So I waited for the next OB (OB #1.5) available just to make sure na everything is going well with the baby. She requested for the usual lab tests which I did days after. I lost my hope of securing the first of my 2 preferred OBs. So I tried securing a slot to consult with the other preferred OB who is renowned in her industry. At first, I was hesitant because I thought di ko kaya ang package nya. So I consulted with her, magaan sya kausap and she really takes time to ask questions to understand my history. She made me feel assured na I wouldn't be induced unless necessary and she could wait until even after my due date if the baby doesn't want to come out yet. So I told her that we were actually planning to have a CS delivery. However, her quotation for our hospital of choice is beyond the budget by as much as 100k to 150k. Additionally, she also informed me na hindi daw basta basta nakakapagCS in that particular hospital. She mentioned another hospital that she's affiliated with which is within the budget naman pero malayo. If the preferred hospital is 10 mins away lang, that one is mga 30 to 45 mins away assuming no traffic. I'm now having second thoughts if I should still meet her next month or look for another OB in a hospital which is around 20 mins away from home but wouldn't break the bank. Sayang din kasi. Hoping to hear your insights on this.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
Super Mum

If I were you mommy. Look for an OB na maalaga, madaling makausap at palagay ang loob mo. I wouldn't mind kahit malaki ang babayaran as long as you are comfortable and properly cared for. Ganyan ang OB ko and sa hospital kung saan ako nagpapacheck up before. Nag switch din kasi ako ng OB and hospital dahil medyo malayo and di ganun ka accommodating pero private hospital pa rin sya. Then lumipat ako sa hospital na super lapit lang samin and super bait ng OB but the rates are higher compared sa una. Simula check up, ma induce at CS ako and sa makapanganak super smooth lang ng experience. Di ako nagkaproblema although yun nga lang we spent 90 k with Philhealth na sa panganganak ko. (1 week hospital stay, lots of medicines sa induce, pricey room, plus antibiotics and emergency CS) pero alagang alaga ka from start to finish.

Magbasa pa

better momsh sa trusted mo na ob. ganyan din ako dati, may hospital na mas mura at mas malapit sa amin so I went there pero yung experience ko sa ob nila is bad so I chose to give birth pa din sa hospital kung saan affiliated si ob maski 30-45 mins ang byahe. if you could consult asap dun sa sinasabi mong 20 mins away, better para mas maaga nya malaman yung history ng pregnancy mo.

Magbasa pa