My babygirl is jealous?

I’m 18 weeks pregnant and my baby is 8 months nearly 9months. We found out our gender , next baby is a babyboy! But recently, i guess my firstborn notice? Or can sense that she won’t be the only baby in the family. She starts being so clingy and you know rough. Usually ppl say, it’s because you are having a baby boy that is why your firstborn is quite rough. Is it true? She is just rough but clingy cute i mean it’s cute but do you think she sense she is going to be a big sister and she is jealous? Any tips

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Caramella, it more sounds like separation fear. Newborns don't understand that them and the mother are two different person. They only start to realize it around 8-9 month old. It is natural. It could last until 1.5-2 years. Kids normally become very clingy and some of them cries horribly if it is not the mother carrying them. But there are a variation of reactions. Again, it is natural. It will pass.

Read more

jealous is normal. My daughter was very innocent till her baby brother came. She changed suddenly when she saw her brother. I spoke with PD. ​I was advised to be with her while someone else took care newborn